• Someone copied your original photograph or video, sold it in volume, and became a rich and famous “artist” as a result?
• Someone copied your term paper, which you spent the better part of a semester working on to obtain your degree, and has published it online as his own?
• Someone took credit for an original song that you wrote and it hit number one on the charts?
• Someone published your manuscript under her name and it becomes a best seller?
• Someone duplicated your product without your permission, sold it, and ended up providing customers with inferior products that have your name on them? And now you are getting calls, comments, and tweets from unhappy customers who think you are to blame?
Unfortunately, the last scenario is a familiar experience for NAMC. In the past few weeks, we have encountered someone reproducing and selling multiple copies of our curriculum support material to purchasers who thought they were buying NAMC’s original work. This person illegally used our material and profited on NAMC’s hard work and good name.