As the air turns crisper and the colors change, it is a great time to start introducing new activities that go along with the season. In celebration of the arrival of autumn and for a Montessori twist on Halloween, NAMC is happy to share this fun Life Cycle of a Pumpkin printable with you and your students!
Life Cycle of a Pumpkin: A Complimentary Montessori Printable from NAMC
You can download your complimentary copy by clicking on this link:
Inside this five page printable, you will find the resources to easily create shelf work that offers a number of extensions beyond the initial sequencing activity.
Here are some tips for creating multiple activities with these Life Cycle of a Pumpkin cards:
- laminate or mount the first 'control' page onto a stiff piece of card to be kept with other cards on the tray.
- cut out the colored cards with attached labels to create a sequencing activity.
- print a second set of colored cards and cut off the labels for a second, more difficult sequencing and label matching activity.
- a sequencing activity can be created with the outline cards, which will help children better understand the stages of the pumpkin's life cycle without color cues. Children can work on matching the outlines to the color cards or the labels to the outlines.
- print and photocopy the outline card pages for children to color and label on their own.
© North American Montessori Center - originally posted in its entirety at Montessori Teacher Training on Friday, October 4, 2013.