Participating is Easy!
• Comment on this article, including the book title and author.
• Include the age group that it is best suited for (0-3, 3-6, 6-9, or 9-12).
• If you wish, add one or two sentences to tell us why you enjoy this book.
We will keep updating this list to include your contributions, so feel free to add yours whenever you wish.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll, John Tenniel, Paul O. Zelinsky
- The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
- The Great Animal Search, by Caroline Young
- The Great Undersea Search, by Kate Needham
- The Great Dinosaur Search, by Rosie Heywood
- The Wombles Series, by Elisabeth Beresford
- Just So Stories, by Rudyard Kipling
- Your Fantastic, Elastic Brain: Stretch It, Shape It, by JoAnn Deak
Montessori Preschool Community Reading Lists (ages 3-6)
Montessori Infant Toddler Community Reading Lists (birth - 3)
Montessori Upper Elementary Community Reading Lists (ages 9-12)
As much as possible, NAMC’s web blog reflects the Montessori curriculum as provided in its teacher training programs. We realize and respect that Montessori schools are unique and may vary their schedules and offerings in accordance with the needs of their individual communities. We hope that our readers will find our articles useful and inspiring as a contribution to the global Montessori community.